Standards & Guidelines
Function: The Standards and Guidelines Committee assumes a proactive role in representing the Association and to inform the membership of new or revised standards and guidelines that affect library media center personnel, programs, and facilities.
Composition: The Standards and Guidelines Committee is comprised of a committee chairperson and members chosen by the chair.
Chairperson: The Standards and Guidelines Committee Chairperson is selected by the SCASL President.
- Keeps the membership informed of new or revised standards and guidelines affecting library media center programs, personnel, and facilities.
- Informs the Executive Board of issues about standards and guidelines relevant to the profession.
2012-13 Committee Members:
- Melissa Askew
- Meredith Keeter
- Ida Thompson
Chair: Karen Gavigan
Standards and Guidelines for Library Media Specialists:
- SCDE Common Core Workshop Video Sessions and other resources http://scde.mrooms.org/index.php?page=32419.
L4L resources www.ala.org/aasl/learning4life.
Standards and Guidelines for Students:
Updated: 29 January 2013
SCASL Member Login
Book Award Materials Order Form
SCASL Flickr Photos
- AASL Essential Links
- AASL Lesson Plan Database
- American Association of School Librarians
- American Library Association
- eMedia (formerly ITV)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Request SCASL Membership Roster
- SCASL 23Things
- SCASL BLOG
- SCASL Bylaws
- SCASL Facebook
- SCASL Flickr
- SCASL Listserv
- SCASL Twitter
- SCASL Wiki
- South Carolina Department of Education
- USC School of Lib & Info Science
- Yahoo Groups Librarymedia National Boards Group