Function: The Legislative Committee keeps the membership informed of state and federal legislation under consideration that is relevant to school media programs, promotes Legislative Day, and works with government officials.
Composition: The Legislative Committee is comprised of a Committee Chairperson and members selected by the chair.
Chairperson: The Legislative Committee Chairperson is selected by the SCASL President.
- Keeps informed of legislation, both state and federal, that is relevant to school library media centers.
- Helps to inform membership of legislation that is under consideration.
- Contacts lawmakers and staff at state and national level to promote awareness of relevant issues concerning school library media centers.
- Promotes SCASL Legislative Day.
- Attends ALA National Library Legislative Day along with SCASL President-Elect.
Chair: Samantha McManus (firstname.lastname@example.org)
2012-13 Committee Members:
- Susan Adams
- Tamara Cox
- Diane Gedding
- Heidi Lewis
Chair: Samantha McManus
Updated: 28 January 2013
SCASL Member Login
Book Award Materials Order Form
SCASL Flickr Photos
- AASL Essential Links
- AASL Lesson Plan Database
- American Association of School Librarians
- American Library Association
- eMedia (formerly ITV)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Request SCASL Membership Roster
- SCASL 23Things
- SCASL BLOG
- SCASL Bylaws
- SCASL Facebook
- SCASL Flickr
- SCASL Listserv
- SCASL Twitter
- SCASL Wiki
- South Carolina Department of Education
- USC School of Lib & Info Science
- Yahoo Groups Librarymedia National Boards Group