Function: The Elections Committee makes recommendations for nominees to serve as officers of the Association and to identify future leaders of the Association.
Composition: The immediate past president, the Regional Network Director and as of 2013-14, three elected member-at-large positions. The ByLaws were revised and approved at the 2012 SCASL Conference and the first three member-at-large positions will be elected at the 2013 conference. Members of the Elections Committee will serve a one-year term.
Chairperson: The immediate past president will serve as chair of the Elections Committee.
- Prepares a slate of the following officers for nomination at the annual business meeting: Vice President/President-Elect, Secretary (every other year), Treasurer (every other year) and three Member-at-Large positions for the Elections Committee.
- Checks with the Executive Secretary to determine the eligibility of all candidates under consideration.
- Secures written permission from the nominees to place their names on the slate. The nominees should have read the duties and responsibilities of their offices. Advises candidates for President and Vice President/President-Elect that they must be members of ALA.
- Sends uniform biographical sheets to all prospective candidates. These should be returned to the chairman (with photograph) so that the information can be published in the issue of the Media Center Messenger before the conference.
Chair: Kathy Sutusky, SCASL Immediate Past President – firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 27 November 2012
SCASL Member Login
Book Award Materials Order Form
SCASL Flickr Photos
- AASL Essential Links
- AASL Lesson Plan Database
- American Association of School Librarians
- American Library Association
- eMedia (formerly ITV)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Request SCASL Membership Roster
- SCASL 23Things
- SCASL BLOG
- SCASL Bylaws
- SCASL Facebook
- SCASL Flickr
- SCASL Listserv
- SCASL Twitter
- SCASL Wiki
- South Carolina Department of Education
- USC School of Lib & Info Science
- Yahoo Groups Librarymedia National Boards Group