Function: The Awards Committee promotes public awareness of the profession and its services and administers the awarding of the SCASL professional awards. The committee disseminates to the membership relevant information concerning these awards, criteria, and deadlines.
Composition: The Awards Committee is composed of a committee chair and members chosen by the chair.
Chairperson: The Awards Committee Chair is selected by the SCASL President.
- Promotes public awareness of the profession and its services.
- Handles the following recognitions that are presented by SCASL: Media Specialist of the Year, Nancy Jane Day Award, Distinguished Service Award, Administrator of the Year Award, Margarate Ehrhardt Student Scholarship, and the Media Paraprofessional of the Year Award.
- Distributes relevant information concerning the awards of the membership and school administrators.
2012-2013 Committee Members:
Chair: Leigh Jordan, A.R. Rucker Middle School, email@example.com
Is your school library an integral part of your school? If so we would like to honor those who have helped make it happen! The SCASL Awards Program includes these awards and honors:
Media Specialist of the Year – honors a full-time media specialist on the basis of exemplary programs as well as active participation and service to SCASL and other related organizations. Sponsored by Follett Library Resources
Distinguished Service Award – recognizes an individual or an organization for contributions to SCASL and school media programs throughout the state of South Carolina.
Administrator of the Year – recognizes and thanks an exemplary administrator. Sponsored by East Educational.
Nancy Jane Day Scholarship – provides an SCASL member with reimbursement for the cost of one successfully completed college course taken to improve job performance or complete a graduate degree in library science.
Media Paraprofessional of the Year – The Media Paraprofessional Award recognizes the exemplary performance of a paraprofessional who directly supports the media profession either at the building or district level.
Margaret Ehrhardt Student Scholarship – provides a scholarship to a graduating media center volunteer who has made an outstanding contribution to South Carolina school librarianship, school library services, and/or SCASL.
SCASL Honor Roll nominees are recognized in the Media Center Messenger and the conference program, they will receive a certificate of merit, and a letter of commendation will be sent to their supervisor, superintendent or school board.
SCASL Member Login
Book Award Materials Order Form
SCASL Flickr Photos
- AASL Essential Links
- AASL Lesson Plan Database
- American Association of School Librarians
- American Library Association
- eMedia (formerly ITV)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Request SCASL Membership Roster
- SCASL 23Things
- SCASL BLOG
- SCASL Bylaws
- SCASL Facebook
- SCASL Flickr
- SCASL Listserv
- SCASL Twitter
- SCASL Wiki
- South Carolina Department of Education
- USC School of Lib & Info Science
- Yahoo Groups Librarymedia National Boards Group