Function: The Regional Network Council shall plan for individual regional meetings and provide input to the Executive Board of the Association.
Composition: The Regional Network Council shall be composed of the regional coordinators, the non-public school chairperson, retired media specialist chairperson, and the Regional Network Director.
Residency: All members of the Regional Network Council shall reside and/or be employed in the region which they represent and shall be active members of the Association.
Chairperson: The Regional Network Director shall serve as Chairperson of the Regional Network Council and act as liaison between the Executive Board and the membership via the Regional Coordinators.
– To serve as a communications channel between the Executive Board and the membership.
- To create opportunities for professional contact and exchange of professional information.
- To provide opportunities for individuals to have input into programs and activities on local, regional and state levels.
- To set priorities of action or concern in the form of resolutions for presentation to the Executive Board.
- To coordinate activities for membership growth and retention.
Chair: Cathy Nelson – firstname.lastname@example.org
Region 1A: Deborah Jordan, Crescent HS (Anderson 3)
Region 1B: Beth Osment, John E. Ewing MS (Cherokee)
Region 2: Michelle Bates, Northside MS (Greenwood 50)
Region 3: Jennifer Tazerouti, Sims MS (Union)
Region 4A: Suzanne Taylor, Geiger ES (Fairfield)
Region 5A: Open
Region 5B: Helen Chao, Orangeburg Wilkinson HS (Orangeburg 5)
Region 6: Penny Kemp, East Clarendon MS/HS (Clarenon 3)
Region 7: Debbie Heimbrook, Lucy T. Davis ES (Florence 1)
Region 8: Paula Canine, Waccamaw PS (Horry)
Region 9A: Deborah Palmer, Charleston County Association for School Librarians
Region 9B: Suzanne Craw, Fort Dorchester ES (Dorchester 2)
Region 10: Carole McGrath, Wade Hampton HS (Hampton 1)
Region 11: Open
Region 13: Susan Easter, Porter Gaud (Charleston area)
Due to large populations in some regions, subdivisons have been created. Region Breakdowns are as follows:
1A: Anderson; Oconee; Pickens
1B: Spartanburg, Greenville, Cherokee
2: Laurens; Abbeville: Greenwood; Saluda; McCormick; Edgefield
3 :York; Union; Chester; Lancaster
4: Newberry; Fairfield; Richland; Lexington; USC-SLIS
5A Aiken; Barnwell; Bamberg
5B Allendale; Orangeburg; Calhoun
6: Kershaw; Lee; Sumter; Clarendon
7: Chesterfield; Marlboro; Darlington; Dillon; Marion; Florence
8: Horry; Williamsburg; Georgetown
9B: Berkeley; Dorchester
10: Colleton; Hampton; Jasper; Beaufort
11: Independent/NonPublic/Special Schools Section
13: Retired Section
Updated: 4 November 2012
SCASL Member Login
Book Award Materials Order Form
SCASL Flickr Photos
- AASL Essential Links
- AASL Lesson Plan Database
- American Association of School Librarians
- American Library Association
- eMedia (formerly ITV)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Request SCASL Membership Roster
- SCASL 23Things
- SCASL BLOG
- SCASL Bylaws
- SCASL Facebook
- SCASL Flickr
- SCASL Listserv
- SCASL Twitter
- SCASL Wiki
- South Carolina Department of Education
- USC School of Lib & Info Science
- Yahoo Groups Librarymedia National Boards Group