Public Awareness Committee
Function: The Public Awareness Committee publicizes the activities of the Association.
Composition: The Public Awareness Committee is comprised of a Committee Chairperson and members chosen by the chair.
Chairperson: The Public Awareness Committee Chairperson is selected by the SCASL President.
- Arranges for news media coverage prior to and during the conference using the news media of the conference city.
- Prepares news dispatches prior to and during the conference for statewide distribution; especially post-conference for award winners and new officers elected for the association.
- Is the official photographer at the conference.
- Utilizes Regional Network for distribution of news releases.
- Encourages members to participate in recognition programs.
- Sends list of association officers to School Library Journal, The State, and local newspapers.
- When necessary, arranges for and plans exhibits or display of SCASL at other conferences, such as the Administrators’ conference.
- Sends letter to Governor requesting “April be proclaimed School Library Media Month”.
Chair: Susan R. Myers, firstname.lastname@example.org
2012-13 Committee Members:
Dr. Linda Waskow
Updated: 28 August 2012
SCASL Member Login
Book Award Materials Order Form
SCASL Flickr Photos
- AASL Essential Links
- AASL Lesson Plan Database
- American Association of School Librarians
- American Library Association
- eMedia (formerly ITV)
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards
- Request SCASL Membership Roster
- SCASL 23Things
- SCASL BLOG
- SCASL Bylaws
- SCASL Facebook
- SCASL Flickr
- SCASL Listserv
- SCASL Twitter
- SCASL Wiki
- South Carolina Department of Education
- USC School of Lib & Info Science
- Yahoo Groups Librarymedia National Boards Group